This is from a verbal recipe claiming to be that used by Ristorante La dolce vita of Provo, Utah.Ingredients
|3 cups||olive oil|
|2||medium white onions|
|3 pounds||beef ribs or ground beef|
|4-5 cans||peeled tomatoes (28 oz total)|
|30 leaves||fresh basil|
|4 or 5 cans||tomato puree (unseasoned tomato sauce, 10 oz)|
|6 cans||tomato paste|
1. In a 3-4 gallon stock pot, place olive oil on medium heat. Clarify onions (10-15 minutes).
2. Add beef and brown thoroughly.
3. Mash peeled tomatoes until no large pieces remain. Add to pot and bring to a boil.
4. Add 15 leaves of fresh basil.
5. Add tomato puree, bring to a boil..
6. Add 15 more leaves of fresh basil.
7. Add tomato paste dissolving well and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce at boil for 2 to 3 hours or until right consistency.
9. Add salt to taste.