|2½ lbs||red potatoes, large diced|
|3 tbsp||cider vinegar|
|¾ cup||mayonnaise (homemade if possible)|
|1 tsp||mustard powder|
|¼ cup||chopped parsley|
|1 tbsp||chopped fresh tarragon|
|½ tbsp||very thinly sliced garlic|
|3 tbsp||fine chopped cornichons|
|½ cup||small dice red onion|
|½ cup||thinly sliced celery|
|1 tsp||kosher salt|
|½ tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
1. Place potatoes into a large heavy-bottomed pot. Cover with cold water and place over medium heat. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat and remove lid. Gently simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
2. Drain and place into an ice bath to cool. Remove skin by rubbing with a tea towel. Slice potatoes into rounds (tip: use an egg slicer) and place into a zip-lock bag.
3. Add the vinegar and toss to coat all of the potatoes. Place the bag into the refrigerator overnight.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, tarragon, garlic, cornichons, onions, and celery.
5. Once evenly combined, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
6. Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.