Ultra simple and fast, ready to serve after 15 minutes once all preparation has been done. It's reducing the flour to equal parts with the cornstarch that makes it much lighter. It's good cold later too.
|2 quarts||cold water|
|1¾ cups||cold water|
|5 tbsp||black pepper|
|1 tsp||sweet paprika|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|¼-½ tsp||cayenne pepper|
1. Brine chicken pieces in ¼ cup salt, ¼ cup sugar up to 2 hours.
2. While bringing chicken, wisk batter ingredients together and refrigerate.
3. When ready to prepare dinner, heat oil to 350°.
4. Remove chicken from brine and barely pat dry.
5. Rewisk the cold batter, dredge chicken liberally in cold batter.
6. Fry chicken between 300° and 350° for 12-15 minutes, remove to grill or paper towels.