|1¼ cups||all-purpose flour|
|¾ tsp||baking powder|
|½ tsp||baking soda|
|1½ cups||brown sugar, packed|
|12 tbsp||butter, melted, but cooled (1½ sticks)|
|1+1||egg, plus second yolk|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1¼ cups||old-fashioned rolled oats|
|1 cup||pecans, toasted and coarse-chopped|
|1 cup||sweetened coconut, shredded|
|⅔ cup||chocolate chips, semisweet|
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°. Line two rimless cookie sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in bowl.
2. Whisk sugar, melted butter, egg and yolk, and vanilla in large bowl until combined. Stir in flour mixture until no dry streaks remain. Stir in oats, pecans, coconut, and chocolate chips until fully combined (mixture will be sticky).
3. Lightly spray ¾-cup dry measuring cup with vegetable oil spray. Drop level ¾-cup portions of dough onto prepared sheets, staggering 8 portions per sheet and spacing them about 2½ inches apart. Divide any remaining dough among portions.
4. Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, until edges are browned and set and centers are puffed with pale, raw spots, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking. Do not overbake.
5. Let cookies cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and let cool completely before serving. (Cookies can be stored in airtight container for up to 3 days.)