From Adam Ragusea.
|3 cups||graham cracker crumbs (20 crackers crushed)|
|12 oz||melted butter|
|16 oz||(2 packages) of cream cheese, softened to room temperature|
|2 cups||heavy whipping cream|
|¼ cup||confectioner's sugar|
|2 cans||(2×20 oz) blueberry pie filling|
1. Save off ½ cup for garnish at the end. Press crumbs hard into bottom and sides of 13"×9" Pyrex pan and chill.
2. Beat sugar into cream cheese.
3. Whip the cream to medium peaks in a chilled bowl with powdered sugar. Fold a cup of whipped cream into cream cheese to loosen, then carefully fold the cream cheese mixture and vanilla into the rest of the whipped cream.
4. Remove the crumb crust from the refrigerator and drop one-half of the cream cheese mixture by dollops on top of the crust. Carefully spread over the crust avoiding raising the crumbs. An offset spatula helps.
5. Spread blueberry filling completely over the cream cheese mixture. Then drop more dollups of cream cheese mixture over the blueberries and spread taking care not to smear the blueberries. "Glob and roll" might be your mantra as you do this.
6. Garnish with saved crumbs. Add more fresh blueberries to decorate if you like. Or other fruit. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.