Here is a recipe and a variation for American yeast bread.
Three 9 × 5 loaves.
|3 cups||warm water|
|6 cups||whole wheat flour (use soft white wheat for lighter bread)|
|2-3 cups||bread flout|
1. Spray loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine water, yeast and sugar in large bowl. Add salt, oil and honey. Stir.
3. Add 6 cups of whole wheat flour. Stir vigorously. Add 1-2 cups bread flour, ½ cup at a time stirring until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Turn dough out on lightly floured surface and knead in ½ to 1 more cup of bread flour until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
5. Shape into loaves in pans and let double. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes at 350°.
6. Remove loaves from pans as soon as out of the oven (to avoid them sweating against the pan as they cool). Place to cool on a wire rack. Brush tops with butter.
As above except add oatmeal or rolled oats before flour and use 7 to 7½ cups of all-purpose or bread flour total in place of both flours of recipe above.